In the municipality of Passail located in the heart of the Naturpark Almenland, the Schroeder family lovingly produces select herbal products from hand-picked herbs grown in their own garden. The fascinating, slow-growing garden is also open for visits by interested guests.
Chef Sven Schroeder is a qualified herbal educator who is happy to share his knowledge in his nature workshop for biodiversity:
- Tips for everyday life
- Raising awareness for a sustainable way of life
- Boosting regional awareness
- Creating an herb garden
- Using your own herbs in the kitchen and home pharmacy
There is a farm store in the herb garden, offering a large selection of products for sale.
The “Tischlein Deck Dich” bicycle tour passes right by the show garden. All bikers are cordially invited to enjoy a free herbal juice from the self-serve bar as a small refreshment to make the climb easier! Naturally you can also take a short break and visit the show garden. The offer is open until the late summer.
From mid-May to the end of October, guests and groups are welcome to visit the small but very nice show garden and the herbal workshop in the course of a guided tour. Here the guests learn all about the herbal workshop’s origins. They can also smell and taste the numerous herbs. Participants can relax at the sites of power and quench their thirst with home-made juices.
Groups up to a maximum of 25 persons can attend a tour. Making an appointment in advance by telephone is required.
- An introductory herbal workshop is offered every Wednesday at 1.00 pm.
- Topics: Growing, harvesting, drying and processing herbs
5 to 6-hour workshop with herbal educator Sven Schroeder
- Price: € 35.00 per person including garden tour, script, herbal snack and beverages
- Registration required by phone at 0676/55 20 071 or e-mail to naturlehrwerkstatt (at) almenland. at
|Details for groups|
|Duration:||approx. 1,5 hours|
|Guided Tour:||May - October|
|Price:||€ 4,00 per person|
min. 6 persons|
max. 25 persons