- Playing golf
- Other sport activities
- Nature Destinations
- Experience Guiadance
- Adventure Parks
- Culinary destination
- Museums and exhibitions
- Sleigh rides
- Churches, castles & palaces
- Cities next to the Almenland
- More destinations
- Cross-country skiing
- Snowshoeing & winter hiking
- Skating rinks & ice climbing
The Karl-Wirt is just behind the Weizklamm at the entrance to the Almenland in St. Kathrein am Offenegg. Here Styrian cuisine is combined with cosiness and good entertainment. Due to the large rooms, the inn is ideal for family celebrations, company celebrations, excursions and events of all kinds in Eastern Styria.
The Häusler family is particularly proud of their own Almenland trout. The rainbow trout are of course served in the inn or can be bought "on the farm" and in the Häusler market café.
The Gasthaus Karl-Wirt offers fun for young and old:
- three bowling alleys
- Children's go-karts, pedal go-karts, electric go-karts
- Indoor rifle shooting range, dart system
- Ice rink with ice rink & 12 ice rinks for curling
- Inflatables Almenland
- Almenland fish tour with tasting
- Mühlental tour (hike through the Mühlental)
The Karl-Wirt is barrier-free, handicapped accessible and child-friendly and is also an ideal destination in bad weather.
Furthermore, at Gasthaus Karl-Wirt the entry point to the Mühlental hiking trail is where you can visit a completely renovated foam mill. A guided hike through the Mühlental is also offered here; this can be combined with an Almenland fish tour or a meal in the inn.
Kitchen opening times
- Wednesday - Saturday from 11.00 a.m.
- Sunday & public holidays from 10 a.m.
- Monday, Tuesday closed
The Almenland fish tour begins at the fish ponds, where the rainbow trout are grown sustainably in the fresh Almenland spring water. We continue to the smokehouse, here Bernhard Häusler explains what is important for perfect fish smoking and you can also take a look into the larch smoker. The conclusion is a smoked fish tasting (including white bread). Children can use the pedal go-karts and playgrounds free of charge during the tour!
The Almenland fish tour can be combined with the Mühlental (tour) hike. The hike through the Mühlental takes about 1,5 hours. You can find more information about the hike here!
Fixed guided tours 2021:
- March to October
- Wednesday & Friday at 2.30 p.m. (excluding public holidays)
- The Almenland fish tour can be combined with the Mühlental tour; the Mühlental tour is free with a meal in the inn
- Pre-registration by telephone is requested
- the tour is possible in any weather
- € 6,00 per person for the Almenland fish tour with tasting
- € 3,00 per person for the Mühlental tour (free if a meal is consumed in the inn)
- GenussCard: free Almenland fish tour with tasting
There is a bouncy castle land at Gasthaus Karl-Wirt in St. Kathrein am Offenegg. The special thing about it: you can jump, climb and jump on 6 new bouncy castles with a net area of more than 250 square meters. The bouncy castles are up to 6 meters high and offer everything that makes children's hearts beat faster: slides, climbing towers and obstacles in the various, varied bouncy castles. A smaller bouncy castle is also reserved for the younger children from 2 to 4 years of age.
The bouncy castle land will be open in the outdoor area directly in front of the inn, from Wednesday to Sunday, and from April to October in good weather.
- € 5.00 per child
- GenussCard: free jumping fun for the children