- Cross-country skiing
- Snowshoeing & winter hiking
- Skating rinks & ice climbing
- Sleigh rides
- Playing golf
- Other sport activities
- Nature Destinations
- Teichalm lake
- Wooden Ox Teichalm
- Moor nature trail
- Nechnitz & Red Wall
- Wooden sculpture trail
- Bärenschütz Gorge
- Source of the Raab
- Raab Gorge
- Katerloch - flowstone cave
- Grasslhöhle - flowstone cave
- Hohenau oxen meadow
- Drachenhöhle - mystic cave
- Flowstone cave Semriach
- Flowstone cave Peggau
- Kesselfall - Semriach Gorge
- Schöckl - Mountain
- Experience Guiadance
- Adventure Parks
- Culinary destination
- Museums and exhibitions
- Churches, castles & palaces
- Cities next to the Almenland
- More destinations
The Lurgrotte Peggau located about 20 km north of the state capital is an easy to reach, popular destination in the Graz region.
A meltwater brook brings the subterranean labyrinth of the Lurgrotte to life.
This cave is known as a natural wonder, not only due to the force of water that has been enlarging the cave for millennia, scouring the stone into unique shapes, but also because of this element’s tenacity.
Secure concrete trails take you one kilometre deep into the world of stalactites and stalagmites during the one-hour tour.
The Lurgrotte Peggau is not only an ideal bad weather activity for bus tours, but especially a refreshing change on hot summer days:
- it has a temperature of + 10 degrees Celsius all year long,
- with almost 95% relative humidity
During a guided tour of the Peggau Lurgrotte, you will either be taken 1 kilometer (one-hour guided tour) or 2 kilometers (2-hour guided tour) deep into the cave. With electric lighting or LED lamps you can walk through the caves. Here is a special atmosphere to advantage.
If you want, you can bring your own lamps, but no torches and oil lamps. The visitor has access to a newly designed cave museum (site of a Neanderthal camp), Wi-Fi hotspot and a visitors' lounge with photos and information.
One-hour guided tour (1 kilometer):
Summer Season (1st April - 31st October):
- Monday till Friday at 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m.
- Sathurday and Sunday every full hour from 10 a.m. till 3 p.m.
2-hour guided tour (2 kilometers):
- These are carried out with groups of 10 adults or more, whereby for personal reasons an appointment must be made at least 2 days before the desired date.
- Summer operation (1st April to 31st October)
daily from 9 am to 4 pm (also on Sundays and public holidays)
first tour at 10.00, last tour at 15.00
- Winter operation (1st November to 31st March)
Only by appointment (at least 5 adults)
- € 8,00 / € 14,00 adults
- € 6,00 / € 8,50 Children up to 15 years
- € 6,50 / € 9,00 Children up to 18 years
- GenussCard: Free one-hour guided tour & cave museum