- Playing golf
- Sleigh rides
- Other sport activities
- Cross-country skiing
- Snowshoeing & winter hiking
- Skating rinks & ice climbing
- Nature Destinations
- Teichalm lake
- Wooden Ox Teichalm
- Moor nature trail
- Nechnitz & Red Wall
- Wooden sculpture trail
- Bärenschütz Gorge
- Source of the Raab
- Raab Gorge
- Katerloch - flowstone cave
- Grasslhöhle - flowstone cave
- Drachenhöhle - mystic cave
- Flowstone cave Semriach
- Flowstone cave Peggau
- Kesselfall - Semriach Gorge
- Schöckl - Mountain
- Adventure Parks
- Culinary destination
- Museums and exhibitions
- Churches, castles & palaces
- Cities next to the Almenland
- More destinations
The Lurgrotte Peggau located about 20 km north of the state capital is an easy to reach, popular destination in the Graz region.
A meltwater brook brings the subterranean labyrinth of the Lurgrotte to life.
This cave is known as a natural wonder, not only due to the force of water that has been enlarging the cave for millennia, scouring the stone into unique shapes, but also because of this element’s tenacity.
Secure concrete trails take you one kilometre deep into the world of stalactites and stalagmites during the one-hour tour.
The Lurgrotte Peggau is not only an ideal bad weather activity for bus tours, but especially a refreshing change on hot summer days:
- it has a temperature of + 10 degrees Celsius all year long,
- with almost 95% relative humidity
During a guided tour through the Lurgrotte Peggau, you will be brought either 1 kilometer (one hour guided tour) or 2 kilometers (two hour guided tour) deep into the cave. You wander through the caves with electric lighting or LED lamps. A special atmosphere comes into its own here.
If you want, you can bring your own lamps, but no torches and oil lamps. A newly designed cave museum (where a Neanderthal camp was found), a WiFi hotspot and a visitor lounge with photos and information are available to visitors.
One hour guided tour (1 kilometer):
These are carried out from 2 adults. From April 1st to October 31st
Two-hour tour (2 kilometers):
These are carried out with groups of 10 adults or more. For personal reasons, advance reservations must be made at least 2 days before the desired date.
- April 1 to October 31 - One hour guided tour
- every hour on the hour from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- November 1st to March 31st:
- Only possible by prior arrangement (at least 5 adults)
- € 9,00 / € 14,00 adults
- € 6,50 / € 8,50 children up to 15 years
- € 7,00 / € 9,00 children up to 18 years
- GenussCard: free one-hour guided tour & cave museum
- Group rates on the website
Your cookie settings prevent you from viewing this content.
Would you like to change the settings?