Church in Breitenau am Hochlantsch

The pilgrimage church that lends the local district of St. Erhard its name stands on Romanic foundations. Today’s church was built around the year 1200. The church has magnificent, luminous Gothic windows, but the interior was redone in the Baroque style. St. Erhard’s glass windows are among the leading monuments of medieval painting in the alps.

The wandering bishop Erhard from Regensburg, who was canonised in the year 1052, is the pilgrimage church’s patron. His statue stands next to the high altar. Saint Leonhard is also honoured in the church, and the southern chapel with the Leopold altar is dedicated to him.

Since 1826 the pilgrimage church is also a parish church.

Wallfahrtskirche St. Erhard
Pastorate Breiten am Hochlantsch

St. Erhard 21
8614 Breitenau am Hochlantsch
Phone: 0043 (0)676 / 87 42 62 50
E-Mail: breitenau (at) graz-seckau. at
Web: www.pfarre-breitenau.at


X