St. Anna church on the Lindenberg

The St. Anna church stands in a striking location on the Lindenberg, visible from afar. It was built as a chapel of the Passail parish in the 16th century, in the late Gothic style, in appreciation for the end of the plague that had been raging for a long time among the population. The centre shrine holds the carving “Anna teaches Maria to read”, and the high altar from the Renaissance was gilded in 1893.

Today the Lindenbergkirche is mainly a popular destination and church for weddings. The view under the linden trees planted around the year 1500 is truly grandiose.

Lindenbergkirche
Pastorate Passail

Kirchengasse 1
8162 Passail
Phone: 0043 (0)3179 / 23216
Mobile: 0043 (0)676 / 8742-6343
E-Mail:karl.rechberger (at) graz-seckau. at


X