The fortified church in Kirchdorf

First mentioned in documents dating back to 1130, the church located in the Pernegg local district of Kirchdorf is more than 300 years older than the Frauenkirche pilgrimage church in Pernegg across the way.

A large staircase leads to the late Gothic structure with the originally Romanic nave with buttresses and a mighty Gothic defence tower. Until 1843 the church was surrounded by the first parish cemetery. Numerous tomb slabs along the exterior wall bear witness to that. The Gothic interior features a single-bay choir with a ribbed vault. In the late Baroque section of the interior, you will find the high altar, 2 side altars, the pulpit and an organ from the year 1780.

The neo-Gothic side altar is from the 20th century (a gift from the year 1920). The people’s altar, ambo, wheel chandelier and floor light bands in the apsis are by the artist Richard Kriesche.

Maximiliankirche
Pastorate Bruck an der Mur

Kirchplatz 1
8600 Bruck an der Mur
Phone: 0043 (0) 3862 / 51 960
E-Mail: bruck (at) graz-seckau.at
Web: www.pvbruck.graz-seckau.at

X