The guesthouse is located right on the Sommeralmstrasse and is thus the perfect starting point for hikes in the area of the mountain pastures. Parking spaces are available for cars and buses.
The guests enjoy the good plain cooking, homemade pastries or hearty snacks. Every year, there are also the speciality weeks, such as the game weeks in September to October. The regional delicacies also include ALMO beef, which is the main ingredient in many dishes.
There is a large play area for children. The guesthouse is on the Mariazell trail; in the winter, the cross-country skiing trail leads straight past the guesthouse.
Cosy sleeping comfort
The rustic, cosily furnished rooms are ready for the guests to relax. All rooms are equipped with
- a shower
- a WC
- a double bed
- and heating.
The Gasthof Holzmeister offers a total of four double rooms and one single room.
Varied, regional dishes!
Kitchen opening hours:
Monday - Wednesday and Friday - Sunday: 11.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m., then a small menu
Closed on Thursdays
As an ALMO-Genusswirt (restaurant certified under the “Genuss Region Österreich” initiative), the guesthouse primarily offers good plain cooking, including regional dishes and dishes from ALMO steers.
Extract from the menu:
- Boiled ALMO beef with boiled potatoes and apple red cabbage
- Grilled turkey fillet on vegetables with croquette potatoes
- Homemade meat strudel soup
- Homemade cheese noodles with hot butter and salad
- Almenland Krafthäferl
- ALMO roast beef with spätzle and peach
- "Natural” trout with roast potatoes
- Lamb fillet baked with parsley potatoes and cranberries
- Fresh pastries every day
- In the winter months: homemade fresh doughnuts
Almenland Autumn: mid-August - mid-September
Game dishes: mid-September - end of October