Geschäftsstelle Naturpark Almenland
Telefon: 0043 (0)3179 / 23000-0
Fax: 0043 (0)3179 / 23000-20
The Kernothek is the home of the Steirerkraft brand, which refines the Styrian flagship products pumpkin, apple, beetle bean and corn. This is where the best Styrian pumpkin seed oil PGI, roasted pumpkin seeds, apple chips or polenta are made.
In the core library you can:
- draw pumpkinseed oil yourself,
- look over the shoulder of the oil millers in the adjacent oil mill,
- Find gifts for every taste in the store
- and enjoy the many facets of Styrian food.
Opening times of the core library:
- Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. (closed on Saturdays in January & February)
The adventure tour starts in the “Wunderhütte”: Here you can find out where and how the soaring Styrian oil pumpkin started. The laborious extraction of pumpkin seed oil from yesteryear is just as much a topic as careful rearing. In “Lotti's show garden” you can watch pumpkins, beans and corn grow. The oil miller initiates the secrets of the high school of seed oil production. A film screening and a look into the glass bottling complete the tour. Finally, a tasting of the pumpkin seed products awaits you, fresh pumpkin seed oil can be tapped from the tank and you have the option of equipping your pumpkin seed oil bottle with an individual label.
There are 5 different themed tours
- "The core becomes green gold"
The way from the Styrian pumpkin seed to the valuable pumpkin seed oil
- "The Bean Specialist"
More about the Styrian beetle bean and how it is processed
- "Sustainability & Biodiversity"
How can everyone make their contribution to our ecosystem?
- "Agricultural specialist tour"
The harvest year is carefully scrutinized - for all those curious
- "Nutrition - ingeniously regional"
What type of diet are you? What actually is spermidine? Is Fat Healthy? ...
Fixed guided tours 2021:
- All year round
- Wednesday & Friday at 3 p.m. and Saturday at 10.30 a.m.
- also possible without prior notification
- € 8.00 including tasting
- GenussCard: guided tour and tasting free of charge
- Groups also all year round by prior arrangement.