Tourismusverband Naturpark Almenland
Telefon: 0043 (0)3179 / 23000-0
Fax: 0043 (0)3179 / 23000-20
An experience for any weather! The show mine in Arzberg is the only remaining accessible silver mine in the mountains of Graz. Arzberg was first mentioned 250 years before the discovery of America. Silver from Arzberg was supplied to the Graz mint in medieval times. A museum of local history completes the eventful programme.
- “Breathe deeply” because the unique air quality in the tunnel has been proven to positively affect your respiratory system
- Ores were formed more than 400 million years ago
- Seismic station for the worldwide recording of quakes.
- In 2016 the show mine earned the quality seal for mining safety.
Fixed guided tours 2021:
- 17th April till 31st October
- Sathurday, Sunday and holiday at 10.00 am & 2.00 pm
- 1st July till 15th September
- Monday till Friday at 2.00 pm
- € 8,00 for adults
- € 5,00 children from 6 years
- Group discounts are possible
Groups from 10 persons by advance appointment