Tourismusverband Naturpark Almenland
Telefon: 0043 (0)3179 / 23000-0
Fax: 0043 (0)3179 / 23000-20
In the municipality of Passail located in the heart of the Naturpark Almenland, the Schroeder family lovingly produces select herbal products from hand-picked herbs grown in their own garden. The fascinating, slow-growing garden is also open for visits by interested guests.
Chef Sven Schroeder is a qualified herbal educator who is happy to share his knowledge in his nature workshop for biodiversity:
- Tips for everyday life
- Raising awareness for a sustainable way of life
- Boosting regional awareness
- Creating an herb garden
- Using your own herbs in the kitchen and home pharmacy
There is a farm store in the herb garden, offering a large selection of products for sale.
The “Tischlein Deck Dich” bicycle tour passes right by the show garden. All bikers are cordially invited to enjoy a free herbal juice from the self-serve bar as a small refreshment to make the climb easier! Naturally you can also take a short break and visit the show garden. The offer is open until the late summer.
Opening hours farm shop:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sathurday from 10 am till 6 pm
- Tuesday and Thursday from 2 pm till 6 pm
- Sundays only at tours or on request
In the period from mid-May to the end of October, guests and groups can visit the small but fine show garden and the herb workshop in the form of a guided tour. Here the guests learn everything about the origins of the herb workshop. Furthermore, the many numerous herbs can be "sniffed" and tasted. At the power spots, participants can relax and quench their thirst with homemade juices.
Variants of the tour:
- Herbal garden tour with herbalist Sven for 2 or more people
Duration approx. 90 - 120 minutes, including tasting
Price: € 8,50 per person
- Group tour with herbalist Sven from 6 people to max. 25 people
Duration approx. 90 minutes, including tasting
Price: € 6,50 per person
- Garden tour without a guide including tasting
Price: € 3,50 per person
Fixed guided tours 2021:
- May until October
- Monday and Friday at 2 pm
- Herbal garden tour with KräuterSven, duration approx. 90 minutes
- € 8,50 per person
- Pre-registration by telephone is requested!
Workshops (main topics as desired)
- including lecture notes, herbal snack & drinks
- Price: € 35,00 per person, bookable from 3 people
Lectures (main topics as desired)
- Also possible outside of the nature teaching workshop (independent of the number of people)
- Price: € 120,00 including tasting
- Duration: 60 - 90 minutes