Tourismusverband Naturpark Almenland
Telefon: 0043 (0)3179 / 23000-0
Fax: 0043 (0)3179 / 23000-20
The pilgrimage church “Heilige Maria (Frauenkirche)” (Church of our Lady) in Pernegg was constructed in the Gothic style in 1461.
Over time the church interior was redesigned in the Baroque style, which is indicated in particular by the monumental columns and the especially precious high altar. Its special feature is a five-storey tower that is unusual for a church. The walls and the 6 octagonal columns are richly decorated.
Gorgeous, outstanding ceiling frescoes make this church special. The mighty high altar with the “Pernegger Madonna” is a destination for numerous pilgrims.
Today the church is a popular destination, also for cyclists from the nearby Murradweg.
Church tours: respectively after the month’s first church service.
Additional tours with advance registration in the Bruck an der Mur parish office.