Geschäftsstelle Naturpark Almenland
Telefon: 0043 (0)3179 / 23000-0
Fax: 0043 (0)3179 / 23000-20
The Bärenschützklamm is closed after heavy rock falls. The gorge will probably remain closed in 2022. Entering the closed gorge is forbidden and life-threatening!
Through the Bärenschützklamm, 109 bridges and 51 wooden ladders take you up to the “Zum Guten Hirten” rest stop. From there the trail continues to the “Steirischer Jockl” with splendid views and the “Maria Schüsserlbrunn” wooden pilgrimage church in its picturesque setting hugging the cliff, then up to the peak of the Hochlantsch. The Hochlantsch at 1,720 metres is the tallest peak in the mountains of Graz. Then you descend to the lovely Teichalm with the lake and upland moor. On the way back, the trail runs along the Mixnitzbach back to Mixnitz. Alternatively you can be picked up from the Teichalm by bus or taxi.
The Bärenschützklamm is open daily from May 1st to October 31st and registration is not required!
- Through the Bärenschützklamm to the “Zum Guten Hirten” and along the Prügelweg back down to the parking lot in Mixnitz (approx. 4.5 hours)
- Up to the Schüsserlbrunn, back to the “Zum Guten Hirten” and along the Prügelweg back to the parking lot in Mixnitz (approx. 6 hours)
- Bärenschützklamm to Teichalm: Up the Bärenschützklamm to the “Zum Guten Hirten” and along the Mixnitzbach to the Teichalm, back the same way to the parking lot in Mixnitz, or pickup from the Teichalm/return to Mixnitz by taxi (approx. 4 hours, not including the return trip)
- From the Hochlantsch down to Breitenau: Ascent through the Bärenschützklamm to the “Steirischer Jockl” (or up to the peak of the Hochlantsch), then descent to Breitenau (approx. 6 or 7 hours)
Gorge conservation fees & hours of operation:
From May 1st to October 31st, the gorge is open from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Registration is not required. Taking dogs into the gorge is not permitted.
- Adults: € 5,00
- Adults with alpine association membership: € 4,00
- Youths aged 6 to 16: € 3,50
- Student groups: € 2.60
- Groups of 30 people and up: € 3.00
Take a look to our new folder about the "Bärenschütz Gorge" in 4 languages: englisch, german, czech and hungarian. You can also order the prospects for watching at home - please visit our electronic platform.